Reports To: General Manager
Team: MN Mytech Branch
External: Existing Client Base
Location: New Brighton, MN
What We Do
Mytech Partners, Inc. is a managed services consultancy company that strives to provide the best IT experience in North America. We work with hundreds of businesses around the country, helping them to grow and providing solutions to their IT challenges. Our clients see us as an extension of their business, so we focus on building unique relationships with each of them, providing vision and strategy for their technology needs. Our goal is to respond quickly when a technical issue is hindering their work.
Mytech is made up of smart, experienced, hard-working people. We look for team members who are focused on meeting the needs of our clients and are willing to go above and beyond to do so. Our mission, vision and core values represent who we are constantly striving to be, and Why we do what we do.
This position – Senior Engineer Tier 3 – is a multifaceted role and is essential for the consistency of the client experience at Mytech. Your primary responsibility is to bridge the sales, projects, help desk, field and depot departments at a technical level through coaching, collaboration and implementation. At Tier 3, this position is the highest technical escalation point at the branch level. This unique role will have a 360-degree view of Mytech’s operations and will play a key part in creating technical service efficiencies to ensure we live out our mission and vision to our clients and to the Mytech team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Fully engage in the Mytech mission, vision and values and be a role model for the team
- A focus on technical oversight
- Perform root cause analysis to resolve systemic technical issues on client’s networks.
- Develop and oversee resolution plan of systemic issues and provide client updates
- Work directly with Director of Technical Solutions to help scope and implement new technical solutions
- Senior technical engineering resource for project team
- Assist Sales Engineer in solution architecting and discovery for project scoping
- Mentor & train other branch team members around technical concepts and Mytech standard operating procedures. Which may require one on one or group training
- Complete prospective client technical evaluation
- Execute deep dive discoveries for new clients during onboarding
- Oversight of the technical execution of the branch service teams
- Define through collaboration processes and policies to create efficiencies for technical service delivery
- Serve as a technical consult for the sales team
- Escalation point for during and afterhours emergency support issues
- Create and maintain documentation for clients when required
- Time entry and accurate record keeping
- Preferred 10 years industry experience, specifically supporting Microsoft based environments
- Required Proficiencies: Windows Desktop platforms (Win7, Win8, Win10); Windows Server platforms (2012, 2016), Active Directory, Group Policy, Advanced Networking (HP and Cisco Switch Configurations, VLAN, VPN, NAT, Routing, Wireless), Exchange, SQL, StorageCraft, SAN, Citrix, VMware, Hyper-V, O365, Azure, and other MS Cloud and Hosted Solutions
- Ability to concisely document processes, issues, and resolutions; professional writing skills required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven history of mentoring and training of a technical team
- Effective facilitation of client technical meetings, both in person and remotely
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to successfully and effectively work independently and within a team structure
- Self-motivated and responsive to management and clients
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with time tracking/ticketing software desired
- Professional certifications required based on Mytech training standards: MCSA, MCSE, CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, VCP-DCV
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of this job, regular attendance and the ability to communicate in a professional manner is necessary. The team member is regularly required to sit; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Computer use is required daily.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
This position requires you to work from our office in New Brighton, MN. We will happily accept out of town applications; however, we do not provide relocation assistance.