As a Business Development/Outside Sales Representative, you will be primarily responsible for growing our customer base by acquiring new customers, while retaining and growing a limited number of existing customers. Building quality, trusted relationships with customers, vendor partners and other team members will be key to your success. Understanding different personality and communication styles and being able to adapt your communication style in order to best listen and deliver key messages is an important skill in this role.
The work environment is fast-paced but fun; flexibility and problem-solving skills are a necessity as well as the ability to manage and prioritize workload. We are looking for someone who is energetic, has excellent written and verbal communication skills, and will maintain professionalism and confidentiality.
Mytech Partners is a very customer-centric company, so a thorough knowledge of customer service will be required to effectively navigate a wide range of customer interactions. Business Development Representatives must be able to implement a disciplined approach to new customer acquisition, and account management activities that will result the ability to meet sales revenue goals for Mytech and themselves.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Making new connections by networking, getting referrals, participating in tradeshows and other marketing events that drive leads and new business.
- You will work to establish rapport and maintain relationships with new prospects, current clients and vendors.
- Liaising between various internal departments as well as vendors to respond to customer inquiries and to be proactive in regard to customer-related support.
- Conduct regular business reviews with clients to review relationship health, customer satisfaction, and service delivery. Routinely explore growth opportunities within existing client base.
- Conduct annual planning and budgeting sessions with clients; help customers anticipate their technology needs.
- Communicate technology standards, the business value, and risks associated with solutions Mytech delivers and supports.
- Intervene when customer issues arise; drive action plans to remediate issues, prioritization.
- Establish clear expectations with customers and fellow team members in every area of interaction.
- Prepares sales quotes, proposals and other customer facing deliverables as needed to respond to customer service requirements and procedures.
- Resolving customer inquiries in an expeditious and tactful manner. Follow up with clients on a timely basis.
- Track sales activities.
- Maintain accurate sales pipeline.
- Performance monitoring – revenue to plan, quality of service delivery, etc.
- Engage internal resources when opportunities emerge.
- Executing Mytech’s account management methodology.
- Monthly, Quarterly & Annual Goal attainment.
- Effective follow up, value add and closing capabilities.
- Proper use of business tools such as CRM, Quoting and other resources that require consistent, accurate data entry for our systems and operations to function properly.
- Following Mytech’s defined processes.
- Attending sales meetings, taking notes, and following-up on action items.
- Maintaining a commitment to business quality and customer service.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Commitment to support and promote Mytech’s mission, vision, and values.
- Several years of sales, and account management experience with proven results
- Experience in technology with an understanding of hardware and networks
- Understand core business concepts, P&L, ROI, etc.
- High numerical reasoning
- Bachelor’s degree desired.
- Self-Motivated, Driven and goal oriented, professional
- Strong written/oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs