The Field Engineer Level III’s primary area of responsibility is to implement and support network solutions to Mytech Partner’s customers. This position requires the ability to resolve issues with workstations, servers, and general networking equipment, in order to implement successful projects and provide general onsite support when needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Work in conjunction with the Project Manager and Sales Engineer to implement networks based on the Microsoft server technologies.
- Top level escalation point for Depot Engineers and Field Engineers Level I and II
- Mentor junior level Engineers
- Manage implementation of projects and resources assigned to any given project.
- Remote and desk-side server/workstation support
- Provide LAN/WAN proactive maintenance for Mytech clients.
- General server maintenance and LAN support.
- Exemplify the standards of a Mytech Engineer
- Application and Operating system installations/deployments.
- Perform network assessments and provide proper recommendations where improvements are needed
- Test new products\technologies prior to deployment.
- Create thorough and accurate documentation on all projects and support incidents
- Identify improvements associated with tools and techniques utilized by Service Team members.
- Represent Mytech Partners, Inc in a positive, professional and enthusiastic manner when working with customers and staff.
- Support and adhere to the company’s core values.
- Perform other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required.
Qualifications–Education, Experience, Knowledge,
Skills & Abilities Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to successfully perform in this position.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of SMB networks, infrastructure, and equipment
- Minimum 5-7 years of industry experience deploying, and supporting network infrastructures utilizing the
following technologies – Windows desktop
operating systems (Vista, Win7, Win8),
Microsoft Server Platforms (2008/2012), Exchange Server Platforms
(2007/2010/2013), Terminal Services, Citrix,
VMWare, MS Hosted solutions (O365, Azure, OneDrive, Sharepoint, DirSync),
Firewall solutions (Cisco, Sonicwall), WAP configuration, and
managed switch configurations
- Advanced experience with Exchange 2007/2010/2013/Hosted O365 migrations/deployments/administration is desired.
- Advanced experience with Networking hardware configuration, current solutions and concepts is required.
- Professional, Industry and Vendor certifications are required
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, and respond with sense of urgency
- Ability to concisely document issues and resolution steps; strong writing skills
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Self-motivated and responsive to Management and customers
- Ability to work successfully and effectively within a team structure
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with time tracking/ticketing software desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard field service methods and procedures
- Exceptional ability to develop productive and positive relationships
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Computer use is required on a daily basis.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. Our company is an at-will employer.
At any time employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
If interested please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Active Posting|