POSITION TITLE: Field Engineer Level I
REPORTS TO: Services Manager
The Field Engineer Level I’s primary area of responsibility is to provide onsite technical support to Mytech Partner’s customers. This position requires the ability to resolve issues with workstations and basic troubleshooting skills for servers and networking equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Work with Mytech Dispatcher for onsite support tickets
- Support Lead Engineers during project installations
- Application and Operating system installations/deployments
- Provide first escalation point for Depot Engineers
- Identify improvements associated with tools and techniques utilized by Service Team members
- Represent Mytech Partners, Inc in a positive, professional and enthusiastic manner when working with customers and staff
- Support and adhere to the company’s core values
- Perform other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required
Qualifications–Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to successfully perform in this position.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of SMB workstations and servers
- Minimum 2 years of industry experience deploying, and supporting workstations in SMB environment – Windows desktop operating systems (Vista, Win7, Win8) and server operating systems (2008(R2), 2012)
- Experience with basic networking hardware setup, troubleshooting, and concepts
- Professional, Industry, and/or Vendor certifications are required
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, and respond with sense of urgency
- Ability to concisely document issues and resolution steps; strong writing skills
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Self-motivated and responsive to Management and customers
- Ability to work successfully and effectively within a team structure
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with time tracking/ticketing software desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard field service methods and procedures
- Exceptional ability to develop productive and positive relationships
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of this job, regular attendance and the ability to communicate in a professional manner is necessary. The employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Computer use is required on a daily basis.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.