Reports to: Director of Finance and HR
This position commands the Accounts Receivable area of the business. The AR Clerk will be responsible for performing bookkeeping duties in the maintenance and operation of account processing for all receivable transactions for the business. The AR will perform all secretarial, informational and record keeping tasks as assigned by the Director of Finance and HR.
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions. Creates and maintain deposits and records regarding deposits.
- Researches and applies unallocated cash.
- Responsible for all customer interactions by phone and e-mail. Must be able to provide an excellent level of customer service.
- Ports payments and invoices daily.
- Creates 8 different types of customer invoices – An intense sense of detail is required for creating customer invoices. Must be able to determine quickly what type of invoice to create and it must be sent in a timely manner.
- Facilitates swift payment of invoices due to the organization by sending statements and contacting clients with outstanding accounts.
- Maintains collections for multiple locations. Must be able to maintain a DSO of 18 days or better.
- Verifies discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, customer service departments, and from customers to resolve invoice issues.
- Resolves authorized deductions by creating credit memos.
- AR Recon/Comparison: compares the AR between multiple software programs to verify accuracy.
- Deposit report: Reconciles all deposits have been entered and are accurate.
- Compares Down Payment between multiple software systems to confirm accuracy.
- Creates Open Down Payment report to reveal any issues that are unresolved.
- Creates Product Not Shipped report and works with Purchasing to make sure any inventory gets billed out in a timely manner.
- Creates Missing Class repost and correctly classifies any missing transactions
- RMA Check-in: make sure all RMA’s are cleared in a timely manner
- Creates Credit Memo report: sent to coaches and added to the GM packets
- Reconciles Credit Card report
- Down Payment Reconciliation
- Maintains month end process and make sure all reports are done in a timely manner.
- Merchant services report
- Monthly agreement report
- Project dollars report reconciliation
- Project report to Service Manager (QB)
- Sales rep assignment report
- Credit memo report reconciliation
- Creating Customer Statements – Generates accounting statements and reports. Researches customer questions or concerns independently from management.
- Answering Phones – Responsible for answering call queue for basic calls- back up to receptionist and 4 other staff who answer phones.
- Assists- Creates and maintains financial analyses spreadsheets; organizes and maintains retention files for documentation.
- Resolves- Collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
Intangible skills required:
Detail oriented- you will be a person that will be annoyed with missing the small stuff. Our invoice process is intricate. You must love details.
Want to climb the mountain mentality– We work with E.O.S. Each quarter you will be assigned a “rock” that you will be responsible for presenting to the President/CEO. This will excite you- the idea of affecting the whole company with a process you get to design.
Team Strong– We are a united team- when one of your teammates gets overwhelmed you will want to step up and help that person.
Humility- No job is too dirty, too boring, too little if it helps the company or your teammate. Sometimes in the business world things just need to get done and you will be that person that steps up and says “I’ll do it!”
Smart- You are an innately smart person. Experience can only take you so far- you will be a person that will want to make things better and be challenged in the process.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of this job, regular attendance and the ability to communicate in a professional manner is necessary. The employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. Computer use is required on a daily basis.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.